Antidumping Tires from China
Today, April 05th, 2022, the Ministry of Economy published the notice of initiation of the antidumping investigation concerning pneumatic tires from China. This notice was published in the Official Gazette.
- Bridgestone de México, S.A. de C.V. (Bridgestone)
- Compañía Hulera Tornel, S.A. de C.V. (Tornel)
- Continental Tire de México, S.A. de C.V. (Continental)
- Industrias Michelin, S.A. de C.V. (Michelín)
- Mexican Chamber of Rubber Industry (Cámara Nacional de la Industria Hulera, or CNIH) is supporting the domestic producers.
Investigated Product in the Antidumping Tires from China
New pneumatic tires of radial construction for automobiles, vans, and light trucks. The tires under investigation have a nominal inside diameter of 13 to 22 inches (330.2 mm to 558.8 mm). In addition, the height and width of the investigated tires (known as «series») have a ratio that normally varies between 35% and 85%.
Mexican Tariff Item
4011.10.02, 4011.10.03, 4011.10.04, 4011.10.05, 4011.10.06, 4011.10.07, 4011.10.08, 4011.10.09, 4011.10.99 and 4011.20.02 of the Mexican Tariff of the General Law of Import and Export Taxes (TIGIE).
Normal Value Determination
The Ministry resorted to Domestic Sales in China.
Period of Investigation
July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2022.
Period of Analysis
July 1, 2019, to June 30, 2022.
The last day for exporters and importers to participate in the investigation is May 19, 2023, although an extension of deadline may be requested.
Check our Legal Alert for the full list of Exporters: VTZ – Pneumatic Tires Trade Alert