USMCA’s Labor and Trade Relevant Materials
Welcome, thank you for attending the USMBA’s webinar on «Labor & Trade: Is Mexico Ready for the Labor Chapter?.» VTZ law firm has prepared the following parallel and supporting material so that you can review it during or after this event.
USMCA Labor Chapter: Labor Dispute Flowchart and Other Proceedings
- Chapter 23: Labor [Link to USTR’s website]
- Chapter 31: Dispute Settlement [Link to USTR’s website]
If you want to see a markup of the labor chapter, you can review the document made by Professor Kathleen Claussen.
I've done a markup of the labor chp. This is my understanding of the not-just-cosmetic amendments to the chapter itself (but tell me if I got it wrong): https://t.co/M7zjqKpAO3— Kathleen Claussen (@Claussen_K) December 11, 2019
(And then you can read the 14 p. of *new* annexes on labor enforcement mechs yourself in the protocol)
USMCA»Labor» Texts in Spanish – Texto TMEC
- Chapter 23 – Laboral (in Spanish), Cap 23 Laboral – USMBA
- Chapter 31 – Solución de Controversisas (in Spanish) : Cap 31- SoluciondeControversias – USMBA
- Protocolo TMEC Diciembre 2019: PROTOCOLO – TMEC
Mark-up of USMCA’s text (in Spanish) made by our Jr. Partner, Emilio Arteaga, available through google docs:
- Capítulo 23 – Laboral Integrado
- Capítulo 31 – Solución de Controversisas Integrado
- Anexo 31 – A (Mexico-EEUU) – Texto
USMCA Implementation Act: US Congress
To access the US-Mexico-Canada Implementation Act, click the following link: USMCA Implementation Act
USMCA Labor Chapter: An Introduction.